Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Alexander McQueen Fall 2009 RTW



So, Alexander McQueen's main/pre-fall 2009 collections are pretty much OCC (out of control)! It has a dramatic biker chick Cruella Deville feel to it, which I absolutely die for. Theres a fresh new color combo that is to die for: red and black. The combination of those colors creates a fashion-forward gotchic look. Alexander McQueen plays with the good and the bad in his collection and reached a perfect balance of the two. I wish I could own every piece in his extravagant collection!

Alexander McQueen's inspiration? ‘Virgin and Child Surrounded by Angels’ Jean Fouquet

“This is one of my favorite paintings in the world. What inspires me about this is the bold colour of red in the angels perceiving the darker side of heaven and the gray blue angels depicting the lighter side. I’ve always been inspired by 14th/15th-century art and this painting in particular. This is one of my favorite paintings in the world. What inspires me about this is the bold colour of red in the angels perceiving the darker side of heaven and the gray blue angels depicting the lighter side. I’ve always been inspired by 14th/15th-century art and this painting in particular.”

1 comment:

  1. I love McQueen..I love your look in the post below too! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete