Saturday, February 27, 2010

Choosing the Right Foundation

"Hi!
I'm Indian and I have a problem selecting the right shade of foundation for my face. I mean whenever I buy a shade it always gives me that white shadow. I have the same complexion as you do and I was hoping you could recommend the brand and shade you use.

Thank you!"

I use Clinique Superfit Makeup in beige. Clinique is one of the best make up brands out there for sensitive skin like mine. I have oily skin and its oil-free. I apply it with two fingers in a circular motion on my face and neck. I also use Clinique pore minimizer to give an overall flawless look. Then, I use Benefit's erase paste in shade 2 for any blemishes and underneath my eyes. Lastly, I use Mac's Studio Fix powder in NC40. Usually, you get the white shadow if the product is too light for your face. Make sure to go to a professional to try on a few different shades to find your perfect match.

1 comment:

  1. the white cast can also be from the SPF in the foundation.

    When going to a party or when you know you'll be taking lots of pics with flash avoid using SPF whether it's in your foundation, moisturizer, etc.

    ReplyDelete