The key to shopping is buying extremely versatile pieces that can be layered. Start out with a little black dress. I took this lacey bustier dress.
1. Put a tank top underneath. Cleavage shouldnt be shown during the day. Wife beaters look terrible under strappy dresses, so it should be a spaghetti strap tank with some detailing to add visual interest.
2. Throw on a button down. This completely dresses down the look and adds coverage. Roll up the sleeves and dont iron it, it should be crinkly and care free, preferably a different color as well.
3. Peep-toe wedges. Theyre sophisticated, yet can be worn during the day. Theyre comfortable but elegant. The laces add to the casual feel.
4. Day-time accessories. I absolutely adore this bronze fish necklace. Also, the bracelet is bright and fun! The ring is my moms. Its super elegant but I wore it on my pointer finger instead of ring finger to make it look like a casual cocktail ring.
If I had wanted to dress this outfit up, Id wear:
1. A short pearl necklace that doesnt dangle. It would be more elegant and night time appropriate. Id switch the ring to my ring finger.
2. A light cardigan, in a blue shade to match the ring.
3. Sparkley silver high heels. Silver, because thatd match the ring.
-For night time, I like to be matching because its more sophisticated than wearing bright fun colors. Lastly, I wouldnt have such a care free messy hair style.
dress, american rag; tank, express; shirt, uo; necklace, f21; bracelet, h&m; ring, mom's; shoes, dolce vita