Thursday, December 1, 2011

Transition to Winter

Transitioning pieces from warmer to colder weather is one way fashionistas stay stylish for less. Layering is key; accessorizing keeps the outfit on trend.

WARM: Higher neck tanks keep a slit skirt in good taste. To make this outfit not so secretary-ish, I added a leopard print belt and a torque necklace. Kitten heels are the perfect shoe for this skirt. Avoid wearing boots or oxfords since they will shorten the leg. Since there are already two accessories, I didn't wear a bracelet or ring. I absolutely love kelly green for spring.
top, skirt, belt, asos; necklace, ebay; heels, valentino c/o my sister's closet





BREEZY: The only pieces necessary for the transition to this stage is a small blazer and a fur collar. This off white blazer adds freshness to the outfit.
blazer, free people; collar, asos


CHILLY: Throw on a parka and some tights. I chose a pain black tight to bring attention to the shoe's detailing. Also, the parka is super busy so the rest of the outfit needed to be tame. 
parka, dolce vita; tights, nordstrom

 COLD: Threw on a maxi coat. My mom has one like this--from the 90s. 
coat, bb dakota

Side note: Do you like my new garment rack? Totally helped with the organization in my closet! 
Another side note: I've been posting videos on YouTube this week. A got a ton of comments asking for more outfit of the day videos so I'll be doing those from time to time. Check 'em out here.

11 comments:

  1. You're hot...how do you feel about Palestinians cuz i be interested gurl;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are your long legs tired, cuz you been running around in my mind all night long!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have some fries with that shake;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so freaking AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your blog ! Nice outfits and nice photos :)
    Following you !

    xx
    Http://midafternoonlush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Blog. Thank You, for commenting on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is incred, love the photos
    Great post, thanks for sharing!

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pieces!
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post, it's fun to see how you change up the looks.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the combination of those two blue shades.

    ReplyDelete