Saturday, June 9, 2012

Enchantress

Don't mind the bizarre title, it's the first word I thought of while looking at this top and skirt combination. Tying up t-shirts and wearing them with high waisted skirts is literally my summer uniform. It's effortless yet still chic. These photos weren't taken at my usual location because I had just gotten back from San Francisco and I wasn't in the mood to get all elaborate. I didn't even take the time to powder my nose *le sigh* summer has made me such a laggard.
Photobucket
I actually bought this skirt today. It's funny because I usually never try things on at Urban Outfitters because I know my size but when I got home, I realized I have gone a size down thanks to Insanity. Also thanks to Insanity, I herniated a disc in my back so needless to say, I returned that nonsense. ANYWAYS, back to fashion. The tangerine color attracted me because it's the color of 2012 of course, but also one of the colors of Pepperdine University, the college I will be attending this fall (only this fall, then USC for the rest, just to clear things up). I got a laptop bag in this same color. 
Photobucket
I broke my promise with myself about Wildfox. I had decided I wouldn't invest in such poorly made clothing but I have been wanting this top for ages. I like the swimsuit version as well, but it doesn't seem too flattering. I noticed every store I checked was selling out of this top so when I found it at the Black Label Boutique online, I couldn't help myself. Apparently the neons and pastels of spring are out and now it's time to go for monochromatic white looks (according to Who What Wear). This isn't anything new in my opinion, it's the quintessential resort wear look. Wearing all white is something I will try out but I feel like stars such as Kim Kardashian or Olivia Palermo can't be looked at for inspiration, because their take on the trend is far too aging for someone of my age. 
Photobucket
I jumped on the Michael Kors gold watch bandwagon today. I love the way gold looks on my skin tone and I don't really have a great watch, so this ended up being my graduation present from my mommy. I really love the white version but the rubber attracts dirt and the ceramic is way too heavy. #firstworldprobz 


P.S. Sky blue nail polish is totally underrated. *valley girl voice* it's hecka cute! #sarcasmintended 


top, wildfox:blacklabelboutique; skirt, cheap monday: urban outfitters; necklace, sister's: h&m

11 comments:

  1. Loving the nailpolish and all your jewelry!

    xx,
    J
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah-mazing outfit! Love the colour of your skirt and your nails are way cute, I'm definitely going to keep a look out for a pastel blue next time!

    Thanks for visiting my blog gorgeous. Have a great day!
    SDMxx
    http://daringcoco.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a lot of love for Michael Kors! Love your blog, Im doing a topshop giveaway on my blog and I'd love you to enter, we could follow each other tooif you like?

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, bright colours and gold does really suit you! Your wardrobe looks so cool too, so envious of all those prints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute nails, and I love your skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your blog a lot. would you like to follow each other? :)

    thoughtsof93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg stunning hair :O I just discovered your blog! it looks fabulous! will keep an eye out from now on! Shall we follow each other? ;)


    xx
    -S
    Ginger and Lace

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are honestly soo beautiful!!
    i'm glad you commented on my blog, because it lead me to yours! :)
    x x x

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i looooooooooove this outfit! that skirt is amaze :) and i like this location for photos!
    m-jean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. your necklace is very pretty!! check out my page if you like we can follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you dress up. Great match with the accessories.

    wholesale apple bottoms

    ReplyDelete